Suppose you have a desktop computer in your home and you use a broadband internet connection. Now you want to use the internet with a broadband connection on your smartphone. But it is not directly possible. This will require a different device. This device’s name is Router. No one else wants to use the Internet connection in this age of technology development. Wireless technology gradually ends its era. Broadband internet connection can be used with a router, on any device with a smartphone-laptop. Today I will share you about router configuration settings process.
However, after the purchase of the router, then router configuration settings need. Due to not knowing the router is different, it is difficult to configure or setup in many cases. But if you read this tutorial then you will not have to suffer. Here is the popular TP-Link brand’s TL-MR 3420 router set up. The setup process of other brand router is almost the same.
The router must connect to the computer before the physical setup router with the computer. So first we have to find out the accessories from the router box. The router needs to connect the power to the router with the adapter. Then the router’s broadband internet cable should be attached. There is a port of different color from the other cable for cable connection to the router. The broadband line should be connected to this. Now a cable with the router will be added to its LAN(Local Area Network) port on one end of the router and on the other side of the computer’s networking port. To see if the router has been connected to the computer, go to the “command prompt” and type “ipconfig” and press Enter to see the IP address of the computer’s adapter in it.
No security or encryption setup is enabled when the router configuration is removed from a new wireless router box. So, after connecting the network to provide security to the wireless network, the router’s default and factory settings and admin passwords must be changed. Most of the routers have set up a decry or CD. But in most cases, this kind of CD is not required for router setup. It is easy to setup router with the help of a web browser.
Router Configuration Settings Process
1. To set up, first, you have to start the web browser. Then enter the web browser with the address of the router. Generally, most of these routers are given 192.168.0.1 by default. Entering this IP address will ask for the username and password. Then enter the admin panel with the username and password in the back of the router or user’s manual. In most cases, the default username and password of the router are both admins.
TP link Router back side
2. After entering the admin panel, go to ‘Quick Setup’ menu.
3. From the ‘Internet access’ option, you need to select the option and click next.
4. Then the option “set the dial number.apn.username and password manually” is checked. Then you need to dial-up the username and password for your broadband connection. Then you have to click next. However, instead of dial-up, if the connection is based on the IP and Mac, then the IP address of your ISP in the house of the IP, gateway and need to be forwarded with the MAC address.
5. After that, the connection will take some time. When the connection is completed successfully, the router will have the option of providing a network name and password for the WiFi. There the ‘wireless network name’ option will be given the Wi-Fi connection name and password.
This way you can configure your router. Thanks for staying with us. If you like this article share to your friends.